Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision for Employees + Dependents.
We offer highly competitive salaries based on skill set and experience.
Paid Time Off, 10 Company Holidays and Paid Sick Leave.
401 K Investment
401K savings and retirement plan.
Wednesday Free Lunch
Regular Free Lunch Wednesday in the office.
As we continue to grow, we need hardworking team members to help us shape the future of technology. We’re always looking for top talent to help us achieve our goals, and in turn, are dedicated to advancing the careers of our employees.
Diversity and Inclusion are recognized, celebrated and supported at Etheric. We believe that an inclusive culture both engages and empowers employees and has helped in making our company stronger than ever.
LIFE AT ETHERIC
We believe everyone should have access to the transformative benefits of broadband, with a goal to make our service available in the hard to reach places.
We love what we do!
We’re all committed to being the best every day. We support finding a balance between work and life – our time outside Etheric is valued and respected as much as our time here. We’re motivated, inspired, challenged and believe in our team, Etheric Networks and our clients.
We employ hard-working, action-oriented team members. Our team is continually looking to recruit exceptional talent in all business areas and markets where we offer service. We’re always looking for people to join our team.
Our company continues to grow because of our dedication and success in providing wireless Internet services along with a dedicated team. If you’re passionate about your work, making a difference, and having fun doing it, apply to one of our open positions.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Marketing & Public Relations Manager/Analyst
About Etheric Networks
Etheric Networks is in its 16th year of business in the Bay Area. We are an Internet Service Provider with the largest coverage area of any local ISP, with a network of fixed-wireless towers throughout the Bay Area, from SF to Walnut Creek in the North down to Hollister and Salinas in the South. In addition, Etheric Networks operates its own dark fiber ring, allowing us to deliver the lowest latency and highest capacity internet access of any Bay Area Operator. Etheric is planning to expand to many more California cities and counties in the near future.
About Etheric Networks
We are seeking a Marketing & Public Relations Manager/Analyst who is enthusiastic, extroverted and capable. You will analyze market data to determine the best methods of getting the word out to the Bay Area Businesses and Residential users most likely to benefit from our unique differentiators. Namely: Low latency precision-engineered internet access, delivered to your building more rapidly than our competitors, with very high quality 7 x 24 support. Locally owned and operated, dedicated to the users’ Internet privacy, not blocked, surveilled or otherwise interfered with. As a result of these principles, our latency is much lower than the cable or telephone companies internet services. Additionally, Etheric’s contracts are simple and friendly, paving the way for smooth customer acceptance.
The Marketing & Public Relations Manager will manage outreach to our current customers, ensuring they are kept informed of our latest technological breakthroughs and undertakings, as well as to show our care and appreciation for the people who make our network practice possible.
The primary responsibilities:
- Lead Generation
- Working to ensure sales converts marketing campaign leads efficiently
- Analyzing marketing effectiveness and constantly improving upon it
- Develop Marketing and Advertising campaigns. Video, Text, Audio, and Graphics.
- Improve our products by adding features and analyzing pricing.
- Conceive, set up, and execute tests using experimental design methods
- Measure the effectiveness of all communications and other direct marketing channels
- Make data-driven recommendations and decisions that optimize channel performance
- Work with vendors and internal teams to ensure data integrity
- Develop and maintain business requirements for new automated marketing reports
- Create, produce and publish videos/webinars/decks for marketing, sales, and training for target end-users
- Manage email and direct mail campaign deployment
- Develop business logic to create lists for email and direct mail campaigns
In addition to using your analytical expertise, you’ll be responsible for Campaign Management from idea to execution of video, email, direct mail, and other direct marketing campaigns – writing creative briefs, and proofreading content. This position will not only employ your analytical skills, but it will also allow you to use your creative mind while executing each step in the process from concept design to campaign analysis.
To be successful in this role you must be a strategic analytical thinker who is able to do independent analysis and provide recommendations to improve the bottom line as well as have an interest in the creative side of marketing. The ideal candidate must be technically proficient in manipulating databases and reports, have strong experience and a keen eye for completing projects independently while meeting deadlines.
- Advanced technical skills and experience working with databases
- Knowledgeable and experienced with analytic methodology, statistical analysis and test design including experimental design, A/B testing, random distribution, sample size, and t-tests
- Strong analytical skills and experience with experimental design (e.g. A/B and multivariate testing)
- Campaign execution and project management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and recommendations
- Predictive modeling skills using statistical programming tools and experience
- Loves technology: telecommunications, cloud, social, mobile
- Google Analytics and/or other web analytics experience is a plus
- BA/BS degree. Master’s degree or equivalent experience a plus
- At least 2+ years of practical experience in marketing with demonstrated knowledge in statistical processes.
- Advertising and Marketing budget
- Developer team who can generate lists analyzing supply, demand, and competition
- Part-time marketing assistant and two outside contractors (Graphic Artist and Online Ad Consultant)
- Sales Staff
- Competitive Salary and incentives
- Generous Stock Option, vacation, 401K and employer matching health and dental insurance.
Please email resumes with “Marketing & Public Relations Manager/Analyst” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Lead ISP Network Design Engineer
Etheric Networks, the pre eminent Bay Area-based Internet Service Provider seeks an Internet Protocol routing and switching Engineer.
About Etheric Networks
Seeks to maintain an innovative free and open Internet, and to provide services and capabilities the large telecoms may not permit or support. Etheric has a multi-gigabit microwave backbone and a terabit capable fiber backbone ringing the Bay Area. We provide licensed and open spectrum fixed wireless service, as well as fiber service to buildings, businesses and residences. We also have infrastructure presently at 5 Bay Area Data Centers and have a staff of approximately 30 people, Our coverage area extends from Southern Marin to Salinas, and from Pleasanton Livermore to Santa Cruz. We additionally can provide event services globally. Etheric has been profitable for the last 10 years and has been providing Internet Access to the Bay Area since 2003.
We are looking for someone to drive forward our layer 2-5 architecture, leveraging our Bay Area-wide infrastructure to improve our current services and help bring forth new Internet Technologies.
You will standardize and commercialize business protocols such as VPN services. Automate scripts and programs for switching and routing devices on our network.
Be involved in hardware selection for our network architecture.
Mentor the junior engineers and assist in troubleshooting particularly urgent and vexing problems. Assist in project managing large customer projects.
Etheric is a truly diverse company, and an equal opportunity employer. In addition to a competitive salary for such a position, we offer Kaiser HMO 50/50, Dental PPO, stock options, and a profit sharing plan to ensure your voice is heard in formulating company strategy. We can be flexible about offering sabbatical and unpaid leave occasionally. One day a week telecommuting is possible.
At least two years of professional experience working with BGP and OSPF protocols. Familiarity with Cisco Catalyst switches. Knowledge of wireless communications, internet security a plus. Knowledge of working with scripting, automation and software development important. We use python at present and used PERL and C/C++ previously. Most of the staff we have at this level have engineering degrees, but occasionally we encounter the self-taught who were mentored at networking companies.
Please email resumes with “Lead ISP Network Engineer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REP II
Provide II Tier Level customer service and technical support for a local Internet Service Provider in the Bay Area. Effectively troubleshoot with customers via telephone and email correspondence of Wireless High-speed Internet connectivity, VoIP inquiries and service issues. Ensures customer satisfaction by assisting and resolving in a variety of customer issues. This role is highly client-centric and requires an attitude of client advocacy.
- Effectively troubleshoot Data and VoIP issues over the phone or email to effectively identify, resolve or dispatch customer service issues.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns efficiently by actively listening, communicating clearly and concisely, and assuring customer understanding.
- Process trouble call, installation, service change, and disconnect work orders according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems on the first call, with a minimum of transfers, by consistently improving personal technical knowledge and understanding.
- Participation in Client Support on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to customers, peers, and management.
- Thorough knowledge of RF troubleshooting and IP Networking.
- Ability to learn and retain new information and concepts quickly.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Ability to follow direction and follow through.
- Strong technical understanding and ability to convey technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Proven good judgment and proactive decision-making skills.
- Must be familiar with Internet and software applications.
- Must be able to work any shift, day or night.
- Ability to type 35 WPM.
- Background check required.
Ready to join our team?
Please email resume with Customer Support Rep. II in the subject line to email@example.com
WIRELESS FIELD TECH
The primary duties include field surveys to determine service availability and rooftop installations, including all required cabling. The client installation process involves the configuration of wireless equipment such as radios, antennas, routers, etc., at the client’s service location. This position also requires working at the tower, performing maintenance and installation of equipment. This is an outside field position and requires strong communication skills while working with our internal back office engineers and support teams to troubleshoot and certify RF (microwave radio) installations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Independently perform field and rooftop surveys and complete field installations for microwave network radios (ladder use required).
- Assemble and install non-penetrating roof mounts and wall mounts, cabinets, and equipment racks, etc.
- Complete cabling and conduit installations (run and terminate cables, including Cat5/6, power, RG8 and fiber).
Mount and aim microwave radios.
- Strong communication skills with clients and internal employees while completing service activation of on-net direct Internet access services.
- Respond to trouble calls and perform high-level troubleshooting for RF, IP, and physical hardware/cabling issues in order to resolve service issues.
- Complete timely post-installation documentation, perform inspections and recommend corrective action in a written, well-documented manner.
- Professional and courteous behavior at all times.
The ideal candidate as Wireless Field Installation / Service Technician brings a high-energy can-do attitude to work each day. The qualifications listed below indicate the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be successful.
- Ability to satisfactorily accomplish multiple tasks where only limited standardization exists.
- Confident interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, while able to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Knowledge and experience with construction techniques, networks and telecommunication issues (both hardware and software).
Excellent English communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Can do simple mathematical calculations such as averages, percentages etc.
- Proficient in the operation of a cell phone, PC and related applications such as email clients, and web browsers.
- Must be able to effectively execute duties with minimum direction or supervision while working well with others.
- Ability to safely climb and descend portable ladders, towers, rooftops or other structures.
- Ability to lift and carry loads up to 70 pounds.
- Must comply with OSHA and other safety-related weight limit requirements for ladders and bucket trucks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the job.
Education and Experience
- Understanding in electronics, computers, mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Prior working experience in similar function at a WISP desired.
- Etheric Networks offers excellent, competitive pay, access to a company vehicle, outstanding vacation and PTO package, health insurance, and 401K.
Ready to join our team?
Please email resumes with Wireless Field Tech in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org